7 Jewelry Care New Years Resolutions
How has your 2021 been going so far? Every year presents each of us with chances to do a better job setting and reaching goals, taking care of ourselves and taking care of the world around us. For a fun alternative to some traditional resolutions, take a look at these new year’s resolutions for your jewelry.
Jewelry Care Resolutions for 2021
1. Have your jewelry examined annually by a professional to ensure that there are no loose clasps, loose prongs or parts in need of repair. Catching problems early is essential to prevent further damage or even losing the stone inside of your piece.
2. Every time you wear a bracelet, necklace, set of earrings or ring this year, practice cleaning off the moisture and debris from the surface with a soft cloth to prevent tarnishing. Schedule a professional cleaning as well if they have not been thoroughly cleaned in a while!
3. Purchase small, soft pouches to store your most delicate and fine jewelry in. This will help to protect each piece from wear, scratches and unnecessary sunlight.
4. Meet with a jewelry appraiser like SAZ Gem & Jewelry Appraisal to learn the true value of your pieces. This appraisal is essential if you would like to take a further step in protecting your jewelry by adding it to your insurance policy.
5. Invest in a classic piece. Whether you like vintage jewelry or want to invest in a new, modern set of 18 kt. gold hoop earrings, a timeless piece is an investment in your happiness, your style and will hold its resale value if you do decide to sell it in the future.
6. Expand your jewelry style! Many of us are so used to looking at the same types of pieces. This year, explore pieces that you wouldn’t normally take a look at. Do you normally gravitate towards necklaces and rings? See if you can find a tennis bracelet that you love. The world of jewelry is so much fun, and after a long and stressful 2020, some fun is just what we all need.
7. Practice putting your jewelry on last when you are getting ready. Perfume, makeup and hand creams can all do damage to your jewelry and dull them over time. Putting your jewelry on last is one way to help prevent this from happening.
Find Out the Value of Your Natural or Lab-Created Stones
Whether you have a family jewelry piece you are interested in learning the value of or you’re looking to expand your collection, SAZ Gem & Jewelry Appraisal is here to help. For more information, give us a call at 425-785-1871.